Sunday, June 14, 2009

Living With Love: Course In Mastery Day 20




So often we fail to appreciate the importance and magnitude of love. By Love, Tom Wood refers to respect, admiration and unconditional acceptance. Yet most of us do not even truly respect and love ourselves, and wonder why we attract people who do not accept us unconditionallu.

Can I accept my own imperfections? If I can't then how will I accept others? Tom Wood asks us to write a detailed description of how we want others to love us: how they would speak, act and feel toward us - and then begin to show that very same type of love to ourselves.

Dr Barbara DeAngelis reminds us to remember that our reaso for existance, our purpose is to love.
"Love is the operative force of the universe" says Dr. DeAngelis, "union is what created everything."
People respond to us when they feel that we have an attitude of love toward them. I may do my job by being harsh anddictatorial, yet without love I am not living my purpose and will be inneffective.

A child learns to walk because it is secure in the love and value of its parents. People need to feel voved and valued to take a chance" said Dr DeAngelis.
She invites us to let go of control and for a week try love and just 'wing it'.

If we learn to connect to people and share love the universe will open up to us.

No comments: