Friday, June 12, 2009

Finding Balance - Course In Mastery Day 19



Finding Balance: To Wood asks us to consider "Am I really free?" Am I trapped in the rat race?
"What is the perfect life for you?"
He asks us to design our perfect life and to feel what it would be.

Dr. Barbara DeAngelis reminds us that happiness is a skill and not an aquisition.
Too often we decide "I'll be happy when ..." and after a few moments of success we again put off happiness as we move the goal posts.

"First I was dying to finish high-school and start college. Then I was dying to finish college and start working. Next, I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school, so I could return to work. Finally, I was dying to retire. And now, I am dying."

Are we so busy we forget to start living? If we do not learn to be happy with the present we will never be happy in the future.
We need to value those Real Moments when we cherish a loving hug,a sunset or smell the roses.
Yet most of us are thinking of our next project at this very moment, or thinking ahead when we should experience total present moment connection with the person we share our life.

People who cannot live in the now are always chasing stimulation to fill the vacuum. Barbara DAngelis encourages us to develop the habit of enjoying the present moment.

No comments: