Saturday, September 27, 2008

No! That’s not going to Happen

This month I decided I would put an extra effort forward to lead the way, forge a path in encouraging a budding forum I am a member of.

I wrote blogs, which now suddenly seemed inferior to their purpose, I wrote and rewrote – suddenly 10 different themes in 10 separate files all suddenly full of facts and figures. Yet something was missing.

What was wrong?

I have made incredible, almost unbelievable progress in my health and prospects in the last few months. So why?

Suddenly the obvious reality coalesced.

I had lost sight of my purpose.

Purpose, or vision, is that very thing that propels us forward to move ahead to want to be above mediocrity. Vision - which propels us to be great. Vision - to overcome obstacles. Vision - to give meaning and purpose to all who we meet in this world.

As potential Empowered Millionaires we have to be able to make money. 'To make a buck' as some put it. There is no escaping the fact that an entrepreneur must make a profit.

But that is not enough. We can reach a financial goal and at its realization suddenly wonder 'Is that all there is?" Without vision the journey to success may in itself be weak, pointless and not worth continuing.

Impotent goals are often the source of non achievement. One of the main reasons people fail to achieve their goals is that the goals were never really formed in their mind.

Importantly, a worthwhile vision adds value to others.

A product worthy of success adds value. A product of value generates return custom. A product of value promotes loyalty.

The same is true of a Visionary person. A Visionary businessman is successful because he is directed by vision. A Visionary parent does not allow distractions take his or her mind away from the family. A successful husband is focused on the needs of his spouse and is a blessing to her. A Visionary wife is a blessing to her husband.

Similarly, an Empowered Millionaire more is required than a seven figure bank account. An Empowered life is a Visionary life that compels the Empowered Millionaire to help others live Empowered lives.

Whether you believe God has a purpose for you or you decide your purpose what is it? Is your goal real to you or a fuzzy haze?

Either you know your life's script or the script is being written for you.

Your parents want to write your script for you. Your friends want to write your script for you, Your workmates, your neighbours, society wants to write your script for you.

Let me emphasize an important distinction. Goals and visions are often very different.

A goal of $1,000,000 may be the means to finance a vision. Money is potential power. A power that can be used for good or bad, and the choice depends on vision.

Be it Lakhes and Crores, Ponds and Shiilings, Yen, Peso's or Dollars you can't eat them but they can allow you to enjoy the luxury and feeling of a delicious meal.

Well I know all that, it's nothing new, so why was I stuck?

I realize I had begun to replay the mental tapes calling me to stay in my comfort zone – and the reality stung me, to replay the mind games of my past.
No! That's not going to Happen. No more that's past. Never again.

Some years back I was part of Michael Skye's Vision Force Academy. I was only beginning the course and beginning to experience an emotional re-awakening – but also beginning was a major health decline and a resulting marriage failure. Coincidental timing but a scaring jolt.

Ivan Pavlov demonstrated that when a dog was fed food at the time he heard a bell he would be 'conditioned' (Pavlov's own term) to salivate when only the bell was heard. This happens with any repeated peak emotion, good or bad.

I am now, again, making major changes in my life. Right on cue, at the point of moving toward its serious application suddenly the same unease – brainwashed into me from past trauma began to replay in my head.

Yet there are differences - Major differences.

I am improving in my health in ways I had not imagined only months ago. I am nearly off medication that has left me sedated for over two decades.

I feel so alive at times I am like an overcharged battery, trying to learn to balance my containment.

Relationships, well I don't have to find the perfect lady of my life- I've found her. She is the best motivator on the planet.

She will probably want to kill me for telling you, but then she is much a part of who I have become and who I am becoming.

<i>So how do we determine our Vision?</i>

How do you know what your purpose in life is? How can you leave planet earth a better place than you found it?

The principles have been written up everywhere I will borrow from writer Kate Fergeson.
Quiet time, reflection and journaling

Take time to know yourself. Write a journal and notice recurring patterns.

Watch your responses.

Our vision will be expressed in accord to our environment. A Vision does not occur in isolation. Ghandi and Martin Luther King were successful because they expressed their vision according to the situation of their times.

Another trick I use is when watching a movie or reading a book. If I am particularly moved or even frustrated by the plot or a character I have a clue of something meaningful to me.

Perhaps the plot expresses a situation in the world that I could help change.

As you journal ask yourself:

What Do I Love? Remember you want to 'Follow your Bliss' and live 'Life with passion'.

So begin to daily ask yourself 'What do i love?' and let that realization open
Know Thy-Self!

With a wonderful list of things liked recorded in your look for a pattern. Categorize them

Look at the things contained in your journal, group them, categorise them.

"Are they good for you or bad for you? How do they serve you in your life? What are the common characteristics contained within these groupings?" are questions we should ask according to Kate Fergeson in 'Finding Your Life's Purpose.

Reflect on your responses and journal your thoughts.
Rewrite the script!

You will now know what you Love, and reflecting on this will 'help you understand you understand the role they play in your life and you are beginning to see a picture unfold as to how they can assist you to create a whole new life of Bliss, Passion and Joy'

Now take all these parts and take the images and like Picasso merge these little pictures into your own giant masterpiece. Don't rush; take time, days, weeks even, as you build, refine and readjust the perfection of your future. Constantly improve upon it as your life evolves.

Create a new vision for yourself that incorporates all of these elements. Write your new story. This can take quite a while so let it evolve over time. Write and rewrite as you desire 'until it feels absolutely perfect and makes your heart sings.'
Inspiration

There are two parts to this. Personal inspiration and connection

a) Find things that inspire you to hold onto your new understanding about what your Life Purpose is and how it is manifesting in your life.

Pictures from the internet or magazines. Make a 'Mindmovie' of your vision and play and replay it. Make it your mantra – write a song. Whatever excites you. Read books on it, watch movies about it.

Do anything that makes you feel good about your vision


b) Connect, network with anyone who shares your vision. The Empowered Millionaires Institute gives us the opportunity to inspire and be inspired. To gain we must be an active part of the fun.

Are there organizations that share what makes you happy?

Join them and enjoy your quest for Happiness.

Spend time with your dreams, goals and passions everyday so that your connection remains strong, your inspiration remains with you and your vision remains clear.


So go for it! Your vision is your future. Will you write your script? Or will you let someone else steal your destiny.


Brian

Brian
Check out the Empowered Millionaire Institute Now!

No comments: