Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blacktracker...Blackwriter....Blacksubject

Blacktracker...Blackwriter....Blacksubject


Sometimes, when  pick up a pen, I’m the blacktracker following an ink-trail across a page of country, to find lost and wayward words. And then sometimes, when the grasp of the pen is very good, I’m the blackwriter , the blackwriter who can sense the resentment of other blacksubjectswho have been denied the Queens diction. With or without the pen though, I’m always the blacksubject, the blacksubject  scouting out uponan endless trail of the Queen’s death-notes. Propoganda and poison ink: the medicine the Queens children now use to edit blacksubjects. Occasionally, I’m the blacksubject, blackwriter and blacktracker, and we all ride out together. The Queen pas the blacktracker for some of my dirty work, the blackwriter feels my Dreaming to the Queens tongue, and then blacksubjects don’t come come to my poetry readings, thus I pay for my words. Alienated only as the blacksubject. But with or without the pen, it’s the blacksubject who will inherit the earth. Because at the end of the day, the blacksubject can’t be seduced like the blackwriter, ‘cause the blacksubject will always know ... it’s with the pen that the lies are used to overwrite the Dreaming, and the written word will never be worth the country it’s written on.

-         -  Samuel Wagan Watson 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this poem so much

you've got some typos in here Brian and some words are left out. eg in the first sentence of the poem.

careful!